找回密码
 软件测试论坛注册页
查看: 3644|回复: 3

[翻译求助] Prepare for software testing interview

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-10-16 13:24:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
软件测试工程师就业班马上开班
这是一篇老美同行写的文章,转贴过来供大家学习参考!

This is the a guest post from author “Suhas R M”. Author is working as a software test engineer and having 4 years of manual testing experience.

小水滴译:这是Suhas R M 发的一篇帖子,作者是一位软件测试工程师,有四年的手工测试经验。

A colleague of mine recently asked me, “Where should I start with for preparation of interview? It’s almost 2 years I have faced any interview.

小水滴译:最近,我的一个同事问我,“我应该如何来准备面试?这几乎是两年以来,我参见任何面试都要遇到的问题。”

My answer was straightforward: (This will help for fresher as well as working professional who want to switch the current job)

小水滴译:我的回答是直率的:(我想这样的回答有助于新手,也有助于有业务经验想转型到软件测试行业的人员)

What you need to know about software testing?
First basic thing - Testing Concepts: One needs to be very good at this especially the manual testing methodologies.  But only knowing different testing concepts is half work done. The next - most important thing is to know which type/technique/concept of testing can be applied at what stage of SDLC.

小水滴译:你需要了解软件测试哪些方面的知识?
首先是基础知识 - 测试概念:需要深入学习手工测试方法学。熟悉软件测试概念仅仅是完成了工作的一半。下一步,最要紧的是要知道软件生命周期不同的阶段应用到哪些测试类型、测试技术、测试概念。

“What should I test and when” is very important. There might be some concepts, which are not applicable to what we, professional test in our company, but it’s always better to have an idea of all testing practices.

小水滴译:知道自己什么时候应该测试什么是非常要紧的。平时的测试中,可能有些概念会用不到,但是最好能理解所有的测试概念。

Many freshers and working testing professionals have might not worked on various testing domains like localization testing, time Zone testing etc. But knowing more than what you have worked on will help you better answering the different questions from the interviewer. I always try to keep my testing knowledge updated besides my current project work. This helped me a lot while switching my job some years ago. What if an interviewer asks you question on topic, which you have never worked on? For example you don’t have any experience on web based projects or client server testing and interviewer asks you to test “Yahoo mail application”. Will you be able to answer this question? You can. Even you have not worked on this type of projects. How? Your curiosity to learn the things you never done before will help you in this case. So broaden your thinking area, be curious in every work and every query you face in your daily work routine.

小水滴译:
很多新手和测试专家或许没有自己工作领域以外的测试经验,比如本地化测试,时区测试等。但是了解不同领域的业务知识和所需的测试技能,有助于更好的回答面试官提出的各种问题。除了做好当前的项目工作以外,我经常有意识的给自己充电,补充软件测试方面的知识。这对我在几年前跳槽时帮助很大。如果面试官问你的一些问题,你以前的工作也没有涉及到,你该怎么回答?例如,假设你没有任何的Web应用方面的测试经验,或者C/S架构程序方面的测试经验,如果让你回答如何测试Yahoo 邮件应用程序之类的问题。你有能力回答这样的问题吗?你能。即使你没有参与过这种类型的项目。但是怎样才能做的到呢?只要你平时有强烈的求知欲,好奇心,愿意拓展自己测试方面的知识,那么碰到上面的问题,是可以不用担心的。因此,拓宽自己的眼界吧,不仅要保持对同行所从事的不同工作的好奇心,还要保持对日常工作中所碰到的每个问题的好奇心。

Knowing more is harmless and will definitely help you at least to give your thoughts on the questions asked by interviewer.

小水滴译:知识广博有益无害,而且至少有助于你思考面试官提出的问题。

If you don’t know any testing concept, e.g. “Localization testing”, then try to learn the concepts first. Like - what would be localization testing? It’s simple; Test if the application looks local for you while using. Then go on exploring. See for used colors, content, images, culture etc, Different countries, locales have it in different way. Consider a web site that reads from right to left, is it accepted in countries other than Middle East? Obviously NO. Or can you display the same geo specific content in India what you can display in US? Again NO. This is just a simple example how you can learn unknown testing concepts.

小水滴译:
如果你不知道任何的软件测试概念,比如:本地化测试,那就尽力先把概念掌握好。像什么是本地化测试之类的问题,本身并不难回答,测试应用程序是否在用户使用时看起来是地方性的产品。然后通过各种渠道搜索本地化过程中用到的颜色,内容,图像,风俗习惯等,对不同的国家而言,本地化的方式也不一样。考虑有这样一个web站点,它的阅读方式是从右至左,但是这种阅读方式在中东一些国家是可以接受的吗?明显不可接受。在比如,在印度所显示的具体的内容,在美国你能显示同样的内容吗?答案同样为否。这只不过是一个教你如何学习未知测试概念的例子。

The very essential part of a test engineer is “Thinking out of box”. If you are not capable of thinking out of box, believe me testing is not for you. What do you mean by thinking out of box? Don’t just follow the traditional methods. Implement new things in testing. Try to summarize, automate the routine testing work. Think from user perspective. Think how user will use your application. What common mistakes he can make or which tasks he can perform on your application? This way you will get insight of any application and will also help to answer the questions in depth.

小水滴译:
软件测试工程师具备的重要素质是“黑盒测试思想”。如果你不能站在“盒子”的外面考虑问题,我觉得你不适合做测试工作。你是怎样理解“黑盒测试思想”的?  不要遵循传统的方法来考虑这个问题。要把新思想融入测试中。尽量总结,自动化常规的测试工作。站在用户的角度考虑问题。考虑用户怎样使用你的应用程序。通过使用你的应用程序,用户能够完成的工作是什么,用户可能犯的常见错误又是什么?通过这种思考方式,你能洞察任何应用程序,同时也有助于你更深层次地回答问题。

Besides from “curiosity to learn” you should upgrade your skill in following areas:
- Some hands-on on basic database/SQL queries and concepts
- Any basic scripting language (For automation testing)
- Networking and system administration concepts will help you in system domain projects.

小水滴译:

除了要保持学习的好奇心之外,还要从下面几个方面更新你的技能:
- 了解数据库概念,会使用sql语句操作数据库
-  熟练使用基本的脚本语言(用于自动化测试)
- 了解网络和系统管理方面的概念有助于你参与到系统层面的项目中

Do not just write the UI test cases, check what is happening inside the application. For application having database connection check for data updation, retrieving and in any case there should not be loss of data.

小水滴译:
不要只是写用户界面方面的测试案例,要知道程序的内部发生了些什么。对于有数据库连接的应用程序而言,要检查数据更新的情况,返回数据的情况,任何情况下都不应该有数据丢失。

Get hold on project. Know the application under test before starting to test it. Instead of looking in the requirement document, look into the architecture doc, design doc, sequence diagram and activity flow diagram.

小水滴译:
深入了解项目。在测试之前要深刻了解应用程序。这个时候可以放下需求文档,去研究产品架构文档,设计文档,序列表和活动流表。

Most importantly you need to be perfect in what you mention in your CV. All the questions interviewer asks will be based on what you are specifying in your CV. So do not mention the skills you have not worked on, just for the sake of decorating the CV with multiple skills.

小水滴译:
更重要的是你要对个人简历提到的内容负责。面试官问你的所有问题都是基于你个人简历的。因此,不要用多个技能来美化自己的个人简历,而提及工作中并没有涉及到的工作技能。

The key point in interview is, You should make interviewer feel that it was a complex application you were testing and had lot many challenges in it for a tester!

小水滴译:面试的要点是你应该让面试官感觉到你所测试的应用程序的复杂性,而且整个测试过程充满了挑战!

And one last thing - If you don’t know answer for a question, say so. Don’t fool around and get into trouble.

小水滴译:

最后一件事- 如果你不知道怎么来回答一个问题,就实事求是,不要不懂装懂,给自己找麻烦。

[ 本帖最后由 小水滴 于 2008-10-21 17:24 编辑 ]
ISTQB
发表于 2008-10-17 10:28:03 | 显示全部楼层
软件测试工程师就业班马上开班
努力呀努力呀
ISTQB
 楼主| 发表于 2008-10-21 16:11:41 | 显示全部楼层
软件测试工程师就业班马上开班
译文仅供参考!
发表于 2010-9-7 22:59:11 | 显示全部楼层
软件测试工程师就业班马上开班
离自己经历过的面试已经将近一年了,虽然当初并没有看到这篇文章,但是自己的表现还是很令自己满意的,因为感觉当初自己所做的和这篇文章里面谈到了差不多。
不过读完这篇文章,对将来有可能的面试更有了一些把握和方向。

支持。

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|领测软件测试网 ( 京ICP备10010545号-5 )

GMT+8, 2020-11-26 07:01 , Processed in 0.178187 second(s), 10 queries , Xcache On.